Student Financial Assistance for the School Year 2022-2023
Financial Assistance Schemes for Secondary Students
- The School Textbook Assistance (TA) Scheme
- The Student Travel Subsidy (STS) Scheme
- The Subsidy Scheme for Internet Access Charges (SIA)
Official website: https://www.wfsfaa.gov.hk/sfo/en/primarysecondary/tt/overview.htm
Grantham Maintenance Grants 2022-2023
- Provides maintenance grants to Secondary 4 / Senior Secondary 1 to Secondary 6 / Senior Secondary 3 students who are in financial need as assessed under a means test.
- Full-time students who are in financial need and NOT currently receiving Comprehensive Social Security Assistance from the government
Official website: https://www.wfsfaa.gov.hk/sfo/en/other/grantsloans/grantham/9.1.10.htm
Working Family Allowance (WFA) Scheme
- Under the WFA Scheme, a household meeting the working hour requirements, income and asset limits may apply for a Basic Allowance, Medium Allowance or Higher Allowance. Each eligible child may also be eligible for a Child Allowance. Depending on the household income, the allowances may be granted at full rate, 3/4 rate or half rate.
Official website: https://www.wfsfaa.gov.hk/wfao/en/index.htm
Sing Tao Charitable Foundation Students’ Loan Fund: Emergency Loan 2022-23
- The Fund aims at assisting, by means of interest-free loans, worthy and needy students to pursue studies recommended by Secondary schools approved by the Education Bureau (Senior Secondary 1 / Secondary 4 - Senior Secondary 3 / Secondary 6 classes)
Official website: https://www.wfsfaa.gov.hk/sfo/en/other/grantsloans/singtao/9.1.12.htm